CBD Oil and its Benefits, Explained.
CBD Oil is in vogue, now more than ever. With the legalization of CBD and recreational marijuana in more areas of the world and the discovery of new benefits of this plant, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that more people are considering it to treat their illnesses or to complement their medical treatment. And, in fact, CBD oil has a plethora of different benefits and it is recommended to deal with some illnesses in certain countries ! In this article we will proceed to help you discover some of the truths and falsehoods about this remedy.
CBD oil doesn’t contain THC, which is the substance that causes you to be “high” so it is different from marijuana as you can’t use it to drug yourself, and it is created by extracting oil from the cannabis plant and mixing it with carrier oils like coconut. Some of the health benefits it can offer are:
- It has pain relieving effects and it has been used as an analgesic since antiquity. Several studies have found it can help relieve chronic pain, pain from arthritis and pain from multiple sclerosis.
- It can reduce anxiety, depression and sleep problems. Many different studies show a promising link between the use of CBD and decreased symptoms for anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and stress both in human and animal trials.
- It can alleviate cancer-related symptoms like nausea,vomiting and pain. Both animal and human studies show that using a combination of THC and CBD oils can help relieve chemotherapy’s side effects much better than THC alone, and that CBD by itself can also have many benefits when used in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- It might help reduce acne.Some studies show a promising link between the usage of CBD oil and a decrease of inflammation of the skin,but also a decrease of oil production in the sebaceous glands.
- Could have neuroprotective properties. While this area of study is relatively new, some studies seem to show a link between the use of CBD oil and muscle spasticity in people with multiple sclerosis, and that it might help reduce seizures in people with epilepsy.
- It could benefit cardiovascular health. Some studies show that there’s less incidences of cardiovascular accidents or heart disease on those that use CBD oil on the regular, but there’s also a reduction in high blood pressure and less risk of a stroke on people that supplemented their diets with CBD oil.
All in all, CBD oil can have many, many different benefits to the point almost everyone could benefit from taking it: it could decrease stress, it might help lower blood pressure and prevent cardiovascular accidents, it has anti inflammatory properties, it helps with acne, it may help you sleep… and has a plethora of other benefits that make it a wildly beneficial supplement to include in your diet even if you aren’t severely sick. However, of course, ask your doctor or healthcare professional if CBD oil is right for you before you start taking it.